PLAYMOR BERNARDO HOMEOWNERS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
September 15, 2008
Call to Order / Opening Remarks by the President (7:02 p.m.)
Approval of Meeting Minutes for August 18, 2008 (7:04 p.m.)
Review of the Annual 2008 Audit (7:06 p.m.)
Joe Perna, CPA, summarized Playmor HOA’s annual audit for fiscal year 2008. He reviewed income and expenses for both the operating and reserve accounts, including a question and answer time with the Board and homeowners.
Owners Forum: (7:26 p.m.)
Owners may address The Board – 2 minutes for each homeowner – collectively 30 minutes maximum. (Written submissions accepted over 30 minute time limit.)
- A homeowner requested that a light by her garage be replaced. She also requested that owners be able to wash their cars, with a bucket only, and without using soap if they were to pour the left over water into the landscaping to water the plants. The Board explained that they have levied fines even for washing a car with a bucket. Car washing in Playmor is not allowed under any circumstances.
- A homeowner requested that she be given permission to have a tree in the common area trimmed for better satellite dish reception offering to pay for it herself. Linda from the landscaping committee will look into her request and contact the office with a response or suggestion after looking at the tree.
- A homeowner requested that the Board consider accelerating the painting of her building before its scheduled time. She noted significant deterioration at the unit next door to her as the worst. Manager agreed that it was very bad, but cited that the community as a whole is behind on exterior painting and the Board has allocated funding for seven specific buildings to be painted this year.
- A homeowner noted that they were aware of a vehicle being broken into and requested extra lighting on the garage wall near where the vandalism occurred. Manager will look into this request.
- A homeowner requested that brighter lighting be installed on the garage wall where he parks his vehicle. He suggested even a motion sensor light, citing a recent vehicle theft as the source of his concern. Manager will look into this request as well and report back to the Board at the next meeting. This homeowner also questioned if the Board could do more to enforce the 1 year leasing requirement stated in the rules book. The Board is consistently attempting to enforce this rule.
- A tenant noted that a large van was parking in the assigned space next to hers that appears to be inoperable as the vehicle never moves and is covered at all times. She requested that the board contact the owner about this issue. Manager will investigate.
- A homeowner who is coordinating a community wide garage sale requested that the office include a flier she prepared go out in this month’s mailing to all homeowners. The manager will copy and distribute to the membership.
Violations: (7:40 p.m.)
The following owners / tenants were present and addressed the Board about their alleged violations. All others were not present or submitted letters for the Boards review in Executive session.
On September 3, 2008, Owners and/or Tenants is/are accused of violating the Rules & Regulations: Dogs barking constantly- especially when people walk by. Violation: No noxious or offensive activities shall be carried on within any condominium or in any area of the project. Nothing shall be done that may be or may become an annoyance or a nuisance to, or in any way interfere with, the quiet enjoyment of each of the owners of adjacent units. (Rules Book, page 6)
Violation Found (MSC)
On August 26, 2008, Owners and/or Tenants is/are accused of violating the Rules & Regulations: Leaving plastic bags of dog feces at front door. Violation: No personal property shall be left in common areas outside of patios. Complaint attached.
Violation Found (MSC)
On September 3, 2008, Owners and/or Tenants is/are accused of violating the Rules & Regulations: Vandalism: Breaking into HOA property. See attached complaint.
Violation Found (MSC)
Committee Reports (8:10 p.m.)
- Landscape Committee: Nothing new to report, the committee is continuing to work at several areas around the community.
Manager’s Report (8:12 p.m.)
- Financials: The Board of Directors reviewed the monthly financial statements and approves them subject to review at year end by the auditor.
- The Board of Directors would like to review in advance any requests for classes pertaining to Continuing Education. They would also like additional detailed information about any classes the manager has taken for Certification by CACM and CAI. They requested that she put together a chart of past classes taken and review them with the Board at the next meeting. (MSC)
( 9:25 p.m.)
- A homeowner who is presently unemployed requested to meet with the Board regarding her outstanding balance. She requested that the Board waive her late fees and postpone payments due for the Special Assessment. The Board resolved to: Waive the late charges for 7-16-08 and 8-18-08 and suspend the late charges for September and October, pending account review by the Board in November to see if those fees will be reapplied. (MSC)
- The Board of Directors reviewed the summary sheet provided to them by the Manager of painting bids. Discussion continued to past bidding practices including those for the QEST plumbing and Deck projects for the Special Assessment.
Adjourn (11:08 p.m.)
Meeting will re-convene on at 5:30 p.m. Thursday September 18, 2008.