November 20, 2008

Call to Order / Opening Remarks by the President                                                              6:06 p.m.          

A motion was made to include Manager’s packet of information into meeting agenda.  (MSC)

Manager’s Report                                                                                                                    6:07 p.m.

  • The Board of Directors has reviewed the monthly bank reconciliation statements for July, August, and September and approves them subject to review at year end by the auditor. 


  • Board Votes for Lien Approval  

it is resolved that the board authorizes that a lien be recorded on the Properties with assessor parcel numbers listed below in the event payment in full is not received by the deadline imposed in the Intent to Lien letters.  (MSC)

     name                                      address                                  Assessor’s parcel Number
      Owner                                     17XXX Fairlie Road              273-84-xx-xx

  • Board Votes needed this month for Pre-Lien Letters thru Anderson & Kriger and cable cut letters:

            name                                                  address
            Owner                                                             11XXX Timaru Way                                      yes (MSC)
            Owner                                                 11XXX Timaru Way                          yes (MSC)
            Owner                                                 17XXX Fairlie Road                          yes (MSC)
            Owner                                                 17XXX Ashburton Road                   yes (MSC)
            Owner                                                 17XXX Ashburton Road       yes, if $800 is not paid
                                                                                                                        by 12/1/08 (MSC)
            Owner                                                 17XXX Fairlie Road                          Paid in Full
            Owner                                                 17XXX Ashburton Road                   Paid in Full
            Owner                                                 17XXX Ashburton Road                   Paid in Full

Owners Forum                                                                                                                        7:00 p.m

  • A Homeowner shared that she has been talking to others in the community about conserving water.  She brought a showerhead that has a lever attached to it that is used to shut water on and off while bathing.  She also shared about an adapter that is used with a hose to a bucket that she waters her plants with in her garden.  The Board requested the Manager to look into the possibility of receiving free showerheads from the San Diego Water Department.


Owners Request                                                                                                                      7:09 p.m.

  • Owner at 17XXX Fairlie Road has submitted an architectural change form.  This item was pulled from the Consent Agenda.   A Board member requested the Manager to get a comparison between the external and internal cable wire.  Also, installation, maintenance and cost. This item was tabled until December meeting for further discussion.
  • The Board approved an architectural change form submitted from the Homeowner at 17XXX Fairlie Road.  (MSC)
  • The Board did not approve a request written from the Homeowner at 17XXX Fairlie Road regarding her Special Assessment balance.


New Business                                                                                                                          7:18 p.m.

  • A Board member requested for new HOA member’s names and addresses to be presented at monthly meetings.  It was also requested to review the welcome packet that is sent out to new owners at the December meeting.  A welcome committee to be established in the future.
  • The issue of compliance with the Virginia Graeme Baker Pool and Spa Safety Act was discussed.  The Manager is in the process of acquiring a bid for this project.  It was requested that at least one more bid be presented at the December meeting.
  • A Board member requested that Board members home e-mail addresses not be available to the community.  It was determined that another alternative will be established.  Two Board members will present an alternative at the December meeting.
  • 15 minute discussions lead by TC on ideas for improving the HOA in the areas of communication, service(s), technology, revenue, cost control, and reserve / community projects.  This item was accompanied by an excel spreadsheet for the Board and Manager to brainstorm and bring back ideas at the December meeting.
  • It was determined not to pursue the discussion on spa covers due to the cost of paying for a service to come at night to put them on and return in the morning to take them off.
  • Wall repair for 17XXX Ashburton Road.  The Board determined they will put in a Tri-Di wall at this address to replace the stick-built stucco patio wall.  (MSC)  A Board member requested the Manager to get a bid to rebuild the stick-built stucco patio wall as is from the vendor that completed the deck replacement project.
  • Bids for sidewalk grinding were presented by the Manager.  A Board member requested the Manager to have one of the vendors come out and do an onsite survey.  Manager to report back to the Board via e-mail.  It was also requested the Manager get references on the vendor.  A motion was made to do some areas not exceeding $500.  (MSC)
  • The Employee Holiday Bonus Opportunity was discussed in Executive Session.
  • The Board discussed the Annual Holiday Decorating Contest and a motion was made to “Light up Playmor”.  (MSC)  The Board determined that First, Second and Third place prizes will be awarded.  The residents of Playmor will choose the winners by sharing their favorite choice with the HOA office. Homeowners are requested to drop a note in the drop box or e-mail their favorite choice to determine the winners.
  • Reserve Study bids reviewed.

Unfinished Business                                                                                                                9:50 p.m.

  • The Board decided to monitor the item of changing the violation process i.e. moving the hearings to a committee or having violations prior to meeting and rotating what Board members are present. This item was tabled from the October meeting.  At present all violations will be noticed for the 8:30 p.m. time slot.

Adjourn to Executive Session                                                                                               10:00 p.m.
Adjourn Meeting                                                                                                                    10:30 p.m.
Next Months Board Meeting will be held on
Monday, December 8, 2008 at 7:00 p.m. in the HOA Office, Pool # 2.