BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
July 16, 2007
Call to order/opening remarks by President
Board Meeting minutes approved as submitted: June 18, 2007 (MSC); June 23 2007 (MSC); June 25 2007 (MSC) 7:15 P.M.
Owners Forum (Owners may address the board
- 2 minutes each) 7:20 P.M.
Concerns: Several homeowners attended and voiced their concerns regarding: starting board meetings promptly at 7:00 p.m.; whether services, such as cable, can be excluded from monthly fees; which board members are up for re-election at the November annual meeting and how a homeowner would pursue a board position; why a property management firm was not chosen when hiring a new manager for the HOA; parents asked about new playground options, commercial or not. A homeowner reported that the bamboo along the entire front of his home is “sick.”
Requests: Homeowner requested his driveway be repaved; available board members will attend an informal meeting with several homeowners to consider various concerns.
Violations 7:56 P.M.
- OWNER: Failure to cleanup after pet…teenage girl did not pickup poop on hillside grass across the street from her house. Violation found $75.00
- OWNER: 1) vandalism, breaking tv left for landscapers
2) vandalism breaking sprinklers
3) noxious/offensive activities, harassing and threatening
4) vandalism, graffiti on freeway wall Violation found 1,2,3; total Fines $500.00
Manager's Report 8:45 P.M.
- Landscape irrigation problem along Ashburton road is almost resolved.
- Installation of irrigation along the sound attenuation wall is almost complete. Because it was installed by association employees, the membership has realized a savings of approximately $14,000.
- Financials: in FY 07 the association lost approximately $20,000 due to foreclosures; to date in FY 08 $6,683 has been lost.
- Resolution regarding 90 day delinquencies / loss of privileges: manager recommended the board consider a resolution regarding loosing the use of common area amenities for those homeowners who are 90 days delinquent in payment dues. The board will review revoking privileges for non-payment after 60 consecutive days. (MSC)
New Business 9:00 P.M.
- Nancy Talledo foreclosure appeal: the board requested proof that the mortgage is current and a substantial payment be made toward the outstanding balance in order for the board to consider her appeal.
- Landscape requests:
- 17529 Fairlie Road – new plantings denied; landscape crew will put mulch around existing plants. 17614 Fairlie Road –the board authorized no changes. 17534 Fairlie Road – jade plants that were removed are to be returned. Landscapers will mulch any bare areas to retain moisture in soil.
Adjourn to Executive Session 11:42 P.M.
Prepared by Sandra M. Witt / Administrative Assistant
(MSC) Motion, Second, Carried